20ft x 20ft Joined Up CarTainer
Our customer needed a large, secure space to store his classic car. The garage also needed space for other equipment, so needed to double up as external storage space. Given the area the container was going to be sited in, having the unit disguised with cladding was a must. This large garage was made by building two brand new 20ft long x 10ft wide CarTainers for our client, giving a total width and length of 20ft once joined together. That’s enough space for two large cars, or one car and one big pile of garage clutter! The CarTainers were then ply lined, insulated and cladded externally before transport.
For easy, safer transportation, the two container garages were delivered separately and welded together on site. To join up the units, we built the shell minus 1 x 20ft side in each, and reinforced the open area with box section steel. Upon completion both are joined together to give a a total width of 20ft open space. Joining up the units was fairly simple: we send with each joined up container a UPVC “top hat” which sits over the seam where the two containers meet. We also supply thick flashbanding and a tin of touch up paint – the flashbanding is self sealing and goes over the top of the “top hat”, and then just needs to be painted to blend in with the container. This process ensures a watertight finish to your joined up CarTainers! As this unit was ply lined, we also sent down some finishing off material for the customer to insert once the joining had been completed.
- 10ft wide doors with high security mortice lock
- 1no. 18ft electric roller shutter fitted to one 20ft side
- Interior ply lined and insulated (12mm redwood ply, 100mm rockwool insulation)
- 1no. personnel door
- 2no. anti-vandal windows with shutters
- Exterior steel surface painted RAL7016 - Anthracite Grey
- Exterior cladded in Shiplap Cladding
- Fitted with large consumer unit - customer to fit electrics on site at a later date