Pop Up Catwalk
This good looking conversion has found its way onto the modelling scene. As part of the Fashion in Leeds festival, we were asked to create a pop up catwalk container, “The Fashion Space”, using shipping containers. The result is two stylish, portable catwalks, capable of hosting events at the annual festival, and easy to relocate for further use.
This type of conversion is capable of holding many types of arts and culture events, and has also been used as “the world’s smallest concert hall”, hosting concerts for this year’s Leeds International Piano Competition. The large polycarbonite window panels we fitted to replace the sides of the container make it perfect for shows and exhibitions and the interior can be adapted to fit the nature of each event held inside. The pop up catwalk container has been a big hit with both our client and the public! For other container conversions we have worked on for arts and entertainment, see our operatic theatre stage.
- Project Details:
- 1 x new 40ft high cube container
- 1 x new 20ft high cube container
- Side walls removed and replaced with polycarbonate window panels
- Non-slip poly strip flooring
- Roof bows mounted on ceiling for lighting
- Electrical installations
- 2 rows of seating
- Grafotherm anti condensation treatment
- Repainted interior and exterior
- Cathy Poole from Fashion in Leeds chose to work with us for our "Approachability, professionalism, friendliness, and problem solving"